Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Final Paper Progress

Teacher Error Correction In Writing

I will be talking about error correction in the writing of younger students elementary ages.  What I want to discover is how teacher corrections affect a students writing, and how writing improves, progresses, or digresses with the feedback that the teacher gives on their writing.  

I will be opening my paper with a discussion on the controversy with correction feedback in writing with research from Dana Ferris Truscott.  Then I will divulge into different methods teachers use for feedback on writing.  Christina Ortmeier-Hooper from the University of New Hampshire is also a source that I will mainly be using her article called "Mapping new territory: Toward an understanding of adolescent L2 writers and writing in US contexts."  I believe this article gives the most direct findings for me as a future bilingual elementary teacher.  

No comments:

Post a Comment